Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Power of the Holy Ghost and Gott Nytt År!

Dear Family and Friends!
   Today being the day after Christmas Syster Dabb and I decided to go on a long run to work off all this extra food we have gotten this past week. It is beautiful out!! and not even cold! We ran up this big hill (bigger than running up to Waveny) and then ran around the town park. It reminded me of previous runs in New Canaan. What a great day to be alive!
 I forgive you all for not writing me :) except Katie, who informed me of all the important presents you all received. I really liked the marshmallow shooting cross bow ,) and tell grandma that they use ipads in heaven so she has to learn to use one before she’s allowed to go up there.
I got a letter from Maj today and I thought you would all enjoy it.  I'm really glad Maj got baptized but I know there is still much more growth for Maj to make before she can make it to the temple. But after reading this letter I was reminded of the Lord’s power and that all things are possible. (she wrote to me in English soo…its not perfect English)
"The baptism was filled with dignity and love from my friends at church. I really felt like I was welcome to this wonderful congregation.
And Sunday I was blessed with the Holy Spirit. I felt doubt in the whole situation, how can this be? It just not happens once you snap with your fingers.

But Björn Näslund has got this great authority and is powerful in his appearance, so I felt that the words he spoke to me were arrows from a knowledge he wouldn't know anything about. And those words went right through my very soul, and I felt a strange excitement taking over my body. Suddenly I was in a state of mind that is hard to describe, but it was calm and activated at the same time. I wanted to dance, sing and play and life seemed open and never ending.
I love this church and Joseph Smith who grounded it knew what he was doing. I've come to like the Book of Mormon very much. From the beginning I had a hard time reading it, but now I have become used to these persons and I feel excited about getting to know the history of it all. So yes, I guess I think this church is the church that speaks the truth."
AH!! isn't it beautiful! :) 
  Have a wonderful new year. Take time to think about what you want to focus on this up coming year.  Don't get too overwhelmed and stressed about all the things you want to change.. I really like how Christ puts it in 3 Nephi 13:33:
"For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But aseek ye first the bkingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
Just remember what is most important in life and let all the other things fall by the wayside.
 Love you all!!
 Syster Schneiber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment